ZA Central Registry has announced the Migration of Org.Za Domains to EPP.
The administration for the Org.Za Second Level Domain (SDL) was successfully transitioned to the ZACR EPP system in August 2014 and was made available to accredited Registrars since 4 August 2014.
As part of ZACR’s plan to migrate all Org.Za Domain names from the Legacy to EPP system, it has implemented cut off dates to which Accredited Registrars need to migrate their domain names.
- As of the 1st September 2016 all Org.Za domain names which still reside on the Legacy system will be suspended.
- As of the 1st September 2017 all Org.Za domain names which still reside on the legacy system will be deleted.
- Once deleted, Org.Za domain names will be available on a first come first serve bases to the first successful applicant.
- There is no transfer fees for transferring an Org.Za domain name from legacy to EPP.
- Transfer of an Org.Za Domain name will include a free 1 year domain renewal.
We advise that clients review their list of Org.Za domain names and ensure that they transfer their Org.Za domains to ZA Domains ahead of the proposed dates to avoid any possible downtime or loss of their domain names.
There are two methods available for verifying the status of your Org.Za domain name
Use the Org.ZA Domains Service
ZA Domains has developed the Org.Za Domains tool which allows you to easily identify whether your Org.Za domain name is registered on the Legacy System, or with an Accredited Registrar. If your Org.Za Domains are registered on the Legacy system, the Org.Za Domains tool will provide with 4 simple instructions on how to transfer your Org.Za domains to ZA Domains
Use the ZA Central Registry Org.Za WHOIS
To verify if your Org.Za domain name is affected by this, browse to the Registry’s whois page and query the status of your Org.Za Domain name.
On the Org.Za whois results, look for the section Sponsoring Registrar. If ZA Central Registry is listed as the Sponsoring Registrar then your Org.Za domain name is affected by this and needs to be transferred to ZA Domains.