The instructions below will assist you with configuring your ZA Domains Whitel-Label Domain Control Panel account and get you up and running within the EPP System within a few minutes.
The instructions contained within this document apply to both Registrars (RAR) and Domain Resellers
(RAR’s need to review the prerequisites for using ZA Domains as their Whitelabel EPP Provider)
After registering for an account on ZA Domains, log in and validate your registration using the validation SMS.
Register your Name Servers.
- Expand Domains and click on Manage Name Servers
- On the Manage Name Servers page click the Add new Name Server button
- On the Add New Name Server window, provide the fully qualified domain name server name *
- Click Save Changes
- Repeat steps 2 – 4 for all additional domain name servers.
Step Two (Optional)
Create name server groups
- On the Manage name servers page, click the Name Server Groups tab
- Click the Add new Name Server Group button
- On the Add new name server group window, provide a name for the new group and select between 2 and 5 name servers
- Click Save
Create your Contacts / Domain Registrant
Contacts, known as the Registrant are typically your clients, and the details provided for each contact are applied or bound to a CO.ZA Domain Registration / Transfer.
Note: ZA Domains recommend that you use your client’s contact details as the registrant and not your own, as legally the client is the owner of the domain and not yourself.
- Expand Domains and select Manage Contacts
- On the Manage contacts page click the Add New Contact button
- On the Add Contact form complete all required fields.
- Click the Save Changes button
The User Reference field is a reference used to identify your contact, ie a Client Code, Account Number or Customer number.
Click the Create button to complete the creation of your Contact.
Upon completion of creating a new contact, ZACR shall email the contact on the email address used within the creation phase to notify them that a new contact has been created.
* Note : IPv4 (Optional) Field should only be used where you are registering a name server using itself as the name server and the domain falls within the CO.ZA name space, for example if awesomeservice.co.za uses ns1.awesomeservice.co.za as its authoritative name servers then we need to tell the ZACR EPP Systen where this name server is located.